– Dr. Bob Russell, Public Health Dental Director, Division of Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention, Iowa Department of Public Health
– Dr. Sam Wakim, Chief Dental Officer, Zufall Health Centers
When it comes to improving the U.S. dental care delivery system, the issue that usually takes center stage is how to cover the nearly 127 million Americans who lack dental insurance. Moreover, the supply of dentist is not meeting the demand of care, and this shortage is expected to intensify over the next 10 years according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Dr. Bob Russell will share dental recruitment tips and recruitment tools to address dental provider shortages.
• Review the elements of the dental staff shortage crisis in the United States
• Recognize the characteristics of providers who are likely to work in community health center settings
• Identify best practices to improve access to dental care
• Revise available recruitment strategies dental provider shortages